Thursday, June 5, 2008

In My Lifetime


In My Lifetime, originally uploaded by DeHoll.

I started my blog on June 4, the same day it became certain this man would be the Democratic presidential nominee.

I am an interested spectator. I am also a person who for the first time in his adult life will have a real opportunity to offer opinionated observations about the campaign, the country and the world.

I was not in the military, but those who have made a career of it will understand how liberating stepping out of that world and having a shot at unrestricted self expression can be. After knowing from enlistment on that there were strict prohibitions against speaking out in or out of uniform -- the end of a career can be liberating.

I won't say much about me here, but over time, I believe those who drop in to peruse my thoughts will learn a few things about me. Suffice it to say I spent literally 40 years watching the world, or at least parts of it, for people who were too busy living to keep watch themselves.

It is that experience I will bring to what I post here.

Nuff Said

No comments: